Selected Research Papers
The Vanguard Research Institute was formed to conduct research and public
education on a variety of subjects. Its founder and president is Jon Roland.
What follows are a few documents he has written that may be of general
interest. For more information see the Vanguard Research Institute.
- Prime Reading
- This is a short list of books and a few papers that Jon Roland thinks
should be at the top of anyone's list of must reading.
- Outline of the method for the creative use of questioning. It is an
extension of the concept of brainstorming, in which the objective is to find
the best questions to ask.
- Three Futures for Earth
- Analysis of future possibilities, arguing that they decompose into three
- Nuclear Winter and Other Scenarios
- 1984 study of biological impact of nuclear war and how nuclear winter could
be used as a weapon for world domination.