- Written contract permitting action directly against client in case of
non-payment. We have our own contract in HTML, Text,
Zipped WordPerfect, or MS
Word, but will consider others. Relationship is corp-to-corp, not 1099 or
- Schedule of work allowing associate to bill at least 40 hours a week from
some combination of clients. Will not accept schedule for less than 40 hours a
week under circumstances that would prevent making up the difference doing work
for other clients.
- No upper limit on number of billable hours per week if the work can be done
- Payment within two weeks of each weekly invoice.
- Relocation If the contract involves relocation of an associate from
his present location, we require the following:
- Guaranteed minimum of 500 billable hours project total.
- Guaranteed minimum of 40 billable hours per week.
- Advance for relocation of $3500.00, to be repaid out of the invoices
beginning with the sixth week of work.
These requirements are to protect us from spending what it costs to relocate
(typically about $3000.00), only to have the project get cancelled on us within
a short time after getting there. We expect the client or the broker to bear
- Rates. We do not quote rates in initial contacts since this resume goes out
to both brokers, who pay a net after taking out their commission, and
prospective direct clients. However, our rates are typical for programming
experts. We will discuss it with you after you identify yourself as a broker or
client. Rates are also affected by several factors:
- Value to client.
- Expected duration of contract. We can reduce our rates for longer
- Likelihood of getting other work in the area, during or after the main
- Tools to be used. We may reduce our fees to get to use better tools.